I’m building safer, healthier online spaces.
I’m a PhD student working with machine learning to tackle a host of cybersecurity-related issues including fraud and misinformation prevention.
My primary research interests are in Machine Learning, Usable Security, and Human-Computer Interaction. Outside of work I’m a FLOSS advocate, reader, and runner.
I keep an up to date list of the software, hardware, and other tools I work with on my ‘uses’ page. Currently I’m working with:
This site covers a range of topics but I primarily focus on finding better ways to interact with technology, discuss interesting research in the field, and ways of being more productive with simple tooling.
Why not get started some some of my favourites:
- Why I Still Use RSS
- Making the case for why RSS offers a compelling alternative in an age of notification bells, dings, and chimes.
- The Value of a Personal Site
- The personal site as a source of endless experimentation, development, and creativity.
- The Pitfalls of Media Literacy
- In an information age, educating users on media literacy is vital, but what risks might it pose?
- The Mistake of a New Laptop
- Rejecting the cutting-edge and looking backwards to finding the perfect laptop.
- 2022-06-27 June 2022 Links
- 2022-06-20 Just Setting Up My Twtxt
- 2022-06-13 Mastodon, the Place to Be
- 2022-01-07 Simplifying Literature Reviews with RSS
- 2021-11-09 Do You Need That CSS?
- 2021-10-29 Machine Learning You Can Get Excited About
- 2021-10-01 How Much Context Do You Need?
- 2021-09-24 On Finishing Side Projects