Hey, I'm Marc.
I’m building safer, healthier online spaces.
I'm a PhD student working on Machine Learning and Usable Security. My research focuses on utilising natural language processing to counter fraud and deception online. My previous work has included research on misinformation detection and prevention.
Here I mainly write about the role of technology in education, views on the impact of artificial intelligence, and the benefits of open source software.
Natural Language Processing, Usable Security, Human-Computer Interaction
- 2023-03-20 AI in Academia, What it Means for You
- 2023-03-06 The Benefits of Explainable Content Moderation
- 2023-02-20 Accessibility is for Everyone
- 2023-02-05 Find Papers: A Simpler Way to Search
- 2023-01-23 On Algorithmic Monkeys with Typewriters
- 2023-01-11 Aaron Swartz: Ten Years On
- 2023-01-02 Caro, a New Static Site Generator
- 2022-10-31 What Shapes Ethical AI Research?
- 2022-10-03 Have You Considered TeX?
- 2022-09-19 September 2022 Links
- 2022-08-29 August 2022 Links
- 2022-08-16 Bibliography Tools for OpenBSD