Hey, I'm Marc.
I'm building safer, healthier online spaces.
I'm a PhD student working on Machine Learning and Usable Security. I focus on using natural language processing to counter fraud and deception online. Writing about digital minimalism, ethical technology, and doing more with simple tooling.
Why I Still Use RSS
In an age of constant notification bells and dings, RSS offers a compelling alternative.
What Shapes Ethical AI Research?
As AIs dominance continues to grow, how do we ensure that those at the forefront build ethical and responsible AI systems?
TikTok and the Future of Social Media
What exactly happens when a platform is engineered from the ground up to give the users what they want?
- 2023-10-07 Software that Fits in Your Backpack
- 2023-09-14 We Should Teach Students UNIX, or the Power of Pipes
- 2023-05-12 The Perfect Weekend-Project, or You Should Build a Blog
- 2023-05-11 Digital Minimalism, or Man Buys New Phone
- 2023-04-04 Enter the Digital Garden
- 2023-03-20 AI in Academia, What it Means for You
- 2023-03-06 The Benefits of Explainable Content Moderation
- 2023-02-20 Accessibility is for Everyone
- Find Papers: A Tool for Searching Relevant Sources
- The PhD: A Lot More than Just Three Letters
- Phishing in the Age of Skynet
Randomly-generated dungeon-crawler for MS-DOS. Fight creatures and monsters on the quest for the Sword of Destiny.
Built with x86 Assembly Language
Web-extension leveraging AI to detect clickbait and sensationalist content. Receive tailored advice on fact-checking and preventing misinformation.
A modern refresh for Android RSS readers. Utilises extensive multi-threading to concurrently hundreds of feeds at once.
Built with Kotlin
Search dozens of academic sources right from one input box. Try it here or view source.
Cyber-education platform for school-aged children. Learn about good security practices through games and quizzes.